Friday, April 24, 2009

Wait. What?


Things I don't believe:

* Perez Hilton is gay. C'mon, my gaydar is very good. This guy is straight for sure. Next thing you'll try to tell me is that Vin Diesel is bi. BTW: wouldn't it be hilarious if he had a lesbian sister? Dyke Diesel!

* New swine flu epidemic is a coincidence. They say a mutated virus jumped species, resulting in at least 7 recent US deaths. No way, it's an act of terrorism. I hate these Terrorist Pigs!

* Janeane Garofolo is a liberal. Dude, this chick is a plant. Not plant as in dumb flora, which she's obviously acting like. But a Republican mole to see how gullible people are into making liberals live up to stereotypes of disgruntled smelly hippies with an ax to grind with 'the man' insisting the CIA is responsible for every ill in the world while declaring anyone who doesn't agree is a racist, mentally ill, or Darth Vader. Aren't comedians supposed to be funny?

* A Facebook quiz I recently took called "How Black Are You?" Three out of 4 black acquaintances I know that took the quiz scored "white". The fourth scored "Tupac" but I know from personal experience he's clearly "Steve Urkel". By the way, yours truly rated as "Pharelle"...it's 'cause I talk to the movies at the theatre, isn't it?

* The solution to the global economic meltdown lies in providing more credit. I've been saying this since October, people are up to their eyeballs in debt they can't afford leveraged by distressed assets they don't need. Now 'they' want us to go deeper in the hole? BTW: Watch the credit card companies. They're next in line for the bailouts (if I default on a mortgage, the bank gets my house. But if I default on my credit card, the bank gets...uh, what? Dinners I already ate? Vacations I already took? That's why fees are so high folks).

* The NFL is worth following. Football played by criminals and egoists, managed by sharks and hostage takers, marketed by sycophants and drones; all nourished on endless riches and adulation. I'm pulling the plug on the Sunday ticket once and for all.

* Change you can believe in. O is the new W.

6 comments:

Dr. B said...

Yay! Some new Philblog content is always a good thing.

I have only one point to address in response to the grab bag of thoughts here:

Politics notwithstanding, I find J-Gar to be curiously attractive, more so as she gets older and has lost her baby fat. There's something about her vibe that I groove on, and it's not exactly a Granola Girl thing, which I don't usually respond to. Maybe it's the excellent brow furrowing, representing multiple levels of intelligence and emotion, that she does on her current gig as Janis on 24, or maybe it's just her general air of relaxed confidence...I saw a recent picture of her in a tank top, and she had some cool tats on her upper arms.

I don't know. I also like the GEICO girl, with her retro look and hip goofiness in those commercials that look like they take place in Heaven. Am I getting jaded, being around hot teenagers avery day in my classes?

No.

Dr. B said...

Hell, no.

philbony said...

You're gonna get Mucous started on the eSurance cartoon chick. Personally, I haven't seen a real woman since Clara Peller cackled "WHERE's the BEEF?"

Dr. B said...

Wait. What? Where's the beef? Shouldn't this post be in the Naked Wizard thread?

philbony said...

My bad. Call it blogger's prerogative.

Dr. B said...

Correction: after seeing one of the ads on TV last night, I see that I meant the Progressive Insurance chick--I think her name is Flo. Focus group administrators spying on this blog are all crying now: "What is the fucking point in coming up with good ideas for commercials if the PRODUCT NAME is the last thing that viewers remember?"

The eSurance cartoon chick is hot, too.