Monday, April 12, 2010

Old Weathertop


Climbin' up on Solisbury Hill
I could see the city lights
Wind was blowin
Time stood still
A bunch of hobbits started duking it out with a bunch of wraiths



It's actually called Roseberry Topping, located not in the Shire but a shire -- North Yorkshire to be precise. But it does remind me either of something out of the Lord of the Rings or a Led Zepplin album cover, which is pretty much the same thing. To top it off, the sign at the bottom says the hill was sacred to Odin, Norse god of war.



Anyway, I got into England on Sunday, went for a little hike up a very steep hill (320 meters from base). Business thru Wednesday. Driving is a trip. I've warned everyone I meet to stay off the roads this week. That whole left side thing with roundabouts everywhere. With a stick to boot!

Good thing I don't have to drive up any hills though. Right Mucous?

2 comments:

Dr. B said...

Cool! Enjoy your time in the Misty Mountains, and post more pix if you can!

Mucous said...

And if you find a bustle in a hedgerow let em go. And indeed stay away from those pesky hills!