Friday, February 6, 2009

ill-Litter 8


Mucous emails:  Riddle me this Philbony!  Why would a woman who already has 6 children decide to get artificially inseminated (again) and have 8 more?  I got my own take on it, of course I do, but I'm curious as to your perspective.

Philbony says:  Frankly I'm offended at your misogyny, Mucous.  You obviously missed the last 40 years man.  See, women are no longer required to be barefoot and pregnant.  It's their choice, dig?

Just who are you to question the motives or mental state of anyone -- man or woman -- that wants to give birth to as many children as they wish?  Whether or not they can support the children -- emotionally, spiritually, or financially -- is irrelevant.  It takes a village to raise a child.  Therefore, it takes the entire state of California to raise 14.

It also matters not a whit that in order to get a nose job or boob lift or botox injection, doctors must perform a cursory psychological profile.  After all, those are dangerous elective procedures.

To help you remember who this is all about, I leave you with the blessed mother's own words, joyfully telling her therapist that having a baby "certainly help my spirits.  I have a child.  That's the most important thing in (my) life."

Hmmm, where have I heard this before (3rd item)?

8 comments:

Dr. B said...

She's a nut job whose doctors and therapists should all be disbarred (or whetever they do to doctors) for malpractice.

This story was weird, how it twisted back on itself. First it was an inspiring medical miracle, then an appalling tale of multiple cases of human selfishness and ignorance, and now it seems that it's a morality tale telling us to walk a mile in her shoes. Whatever...she's still a wacko and I feel sorry for all of her kids.

philbony said...

Thing I can't figure out is how the "Today" show was bending over backwards to portray her as courageous and even a role model of some sort. This WHILE they were interspersing interviews with the chick who with every word proved her wackjobiness.

Thankfully, by the middle of 2nd hour the guests included a maternity psychologist and a "normal*" mother of septuplets. Both came out punching. Quoth the psychologist: "She's clearly defensive and in denial."

* Read: in a traditional marriage and not having actively pursued 7 pups at once.

Dr. B said...

She is also obviously obsessive about being like Angelina Jolie--she looks just like her (well, like a Kmart version), and with the kids, she's trying to create a similar menagerie. What she and everyone else needs to realize is that AJ is a multimillionaire who can give her kids opportunities that 99% of the world cannot, while crazy 8 lady has doomed her family to poverty and ridicule.

philbony said...

Funny too how Mucous was the one with an opinion. And here it is just the two of us, Dr. B.

The charming Jennifer agrees with you a hunderd precent.

Mucous said...

She sucks, those kids have no shot. Another example of the exact wrong kind of person reproducing tenfold and dooming us all.

philbony said...

So Mucous, are you proposing some kind of final solution to the mess?

Mucous said...

My solution is to insulate myself and my family as much as possible from these kind of people. They're everywhere, they come in all shapes and sizes and sometimes it can take awile for their true wackness to show. But the "me first" mentality is pervasive, sometimes all you can do is cut some cords.

Chopes said...

I'm with Jospeh, final solution for people like this works. She sucks and we're gonna pay for it all!