Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Beer in the Headlights


So I get home from July 4th festivities with one thing on my mind: brewing.

Went to the Grape & Granary yesterday and bought another batch of Dortmunder Export. "Philbony Gold" was a big hit under warm weekend sunshine. That case was devastated by early Saturday afternoon, as was Dot & Feather's Batch 001. Very gratifying to have made good stuff.

Anyway, I will mash & boil again Friday evening. Could even have company - if Chopes gets permission from the ex. Quoth Mucous, "Ouch babe."

Got additional good news courtesy of the G&G. Their beer expert assures me the Imperial Pale Ale -- my second solo batch -- is indeed not yet ready. Just as I surmised, it needs a lot more time to bottle condition because it's so malty. "Leave it in your basement and forget about it until Christmas. Will make a perfect present to yourself," he says. Nice.

I need to brew much more, soon. Running out sucks...

1 comment:

Mucous said...

I'll pay good money for either of those brews my tasty friend. Brew On, Brew On.