Thursday, March 5, 2009

Keeping it Real


Observation of the day:  It's good to put down the newspaper, turn off the TV, and just watch the sun shine on a not-so-chilly winter morning.  Anyone with a view of the ocean ought to thank whatever god they acknowledge for the pleasure.  There is beauty still in this messed up world.

If you got a kid or two, watch 'em play.  Join in the fun for a while. In business, recognize the guy across the negotiating table is in the same soup as you.  The boss and the warehouse trolls* too.  With friends, just keep it real.

While the glass may indeed be nowhere near 1/2-full, it's not yet empty either.

* I love trolls.  They keep it way more real than gnomes, always on their flights of fancy & worried about whether their red hats are pointy enough...

5 comments:

Chopes said...

You may have quit drinking, now you need to put down the pipe my friend!

philbony said...

Never! My pipe is my friend. Do I ask you to put down Vicodin?

philbony said...

Well, except as in: "Dude, put down a couple Vicodin. Here wash 'em down with this gin. Now the pipe. Cannonball! Comin' at ya."

Dr. B said...

Word.

Mucous said...

Talk to me about TO my friend - Bills make the playoffs?