Thursday, August 7, 2008

I have a blog - part deux

Wow.  I get back from a combination business / recreational trip, look in my planner, and find a note scrawled on Holiday Inn notepaper.  It's nearly incomprehensible to read; simply a website and login info.  Holy shit!  I started a blog when I was drunk!

Not like the time I got "Sweet" tattooed across my back, of course.  But as I read the first post it became clear who was responsible.  References to Monica and Bart were obvious clues.  I actually know people with those names - a good sign.  Then there were supposed "highly intelligent" people.  That would rule out Chopes.  Someone in that group clearly believed I had something to say and needed a way to say it.  Just wish I remember who.

I do have a vague recollection advocating for TBoone Pickens' Plan for U.S. energy re-alignment.  You can call the guy a charlatan seeking a buck on his own interests.  But somebody's gotta do something to organize the beach chairs on this titanic country.  Why not him?  Besides, how can anyone argue that using the USA's natural gas and wind power assets are bad?  I say let him run with this a little further before we Americans characteristically beat him down.  Especially if he goes nucular.

Also fuzzily recall getting whooped by an 11-year old girl at Croquet.  The lawn game played with mallets and wickets, not the Dutch/French parcel of fried breadcrumbs and mincemeat.  Talk about humiliation.  Again, I refer to the game.  Can one in fact be humiliated by breadcrumbs and mincemeat?

Anyway, I'd wager the person setting up this blog account had my views on energy more in mind.  The question is did they want me to spread them to the world or just get me to shut up so they could enjoy their vodka and lemonade in peace?

Confused?  You won't be on the next edition of Philbony's World.

Dude, where's my car?...

3 comments:

Beth Bihler said...

Ok, so it was me who put you up to this. It was after you told me Pippy Longstockings was a whore that I thought you had something intelligent, or even interesting at the least, to say. Picken's plan needs to be out there anyway, as well as the information on Pippy. To think she was a childhood idol. Hmmph. You rock, Philbony, don't let anyone tell ya different. Peace, Beth

Beth Bihler said...

Tell me, am I wrong??? Philbony's is the most interesting blog I've seen.

...and the rest of you shall run with Mucous.

Mucous said...

I know you have more to say, God knows we all do (I capitalized "god" for you Frupples), so where have you been?