Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lord Stanley's Revenge

Note:  This post is re-printed from an email dated 9/14/2007.  I changed the text a bit to reflect the real season is actually a week away (time travel's a bitch!).  Bound to get it right one of these years....

Friends,

You know, we could sit around all day debating things like Bihler's decades-long semi-psychotic break from reality; Chopra's homosexual pedarastic tendencies; Eddie's complete and fundamental lack of musical knowledge; Beth's apparent lack of taste in men; Smitty's principled commitment to, hmmm, well...err, I guess we'll have to get back to that one; and Rainus's plain ugliness.

But folks, I say we forget all those ugly little flaws.  Hockey season is upon us.  That's right!  One week to the (pre) real (!) season.  (Three weeks to the real thing.)  Predictions?  Prognostications?  Punditry?  Anyone?  Buehler?

I still owe 40 bucks for last year's playoff pool (the check's in the mail, Bethy).  Translation:  someone else should go first...

Fuck you all.  (Jennifer says that I just can't express platonic love in a healthy way.  I call her Oprah now).

 - Philbony



No comments: